Premium Parent Starter Pack – Books
£49.50 + VAT
Included in this Parent Starter Pack is one stage of our Reading Books – please email
Kick Start Monster Phonics home learning with our Parent Starter Pack
1 Stage of Reading Books (select stage from the dropdown box).
Set of 4 Tricky and Decodable Cards
- Letters and Sounds Phases 2 to 5
- A5 Double-Sided
1 x A4 Phonics Sounds Card
1 x A4 100 High-Frequency Word Card
1 x A4 200 High-Frequency Word Card
4 Spelling Books
- Year 1 – Book 1A and Book 1B
- Year 2 – Book 2 and Book2B
- Each book shows colour-coded spelling lists for every grapheme in the Spelling Curriculum. Word lists have been carefully selected to include the most common words for every grapheme.Colour-coded for sound to accelerate learning, the Monster Phonics Spelling Books cover all KS1 graphemes, spelling rules, high-frequency and common exception words.
10 Grapheme Posters
- one for each Monster
- show the spellings that make each sound in the English language. Monster Phonics simplifies learning by grouping spellings by sound. Each sound is linked to a colour and a Monster which makes the sound.
The colour coding of the spelling books is aligned with the Monster Phonics programme which recognises that children learn differently. It provides different memory cues for multiple ways of learning.
What is Monster Phonics?
The 26 letters of the alphabet and combinations of these letters make 44 speech sounds in English.
The 44 sounds (phonemes) are spelt by 144 different letter combinations (graphemes). For example, the sound A is spelt 5 different ways ay (play), ai (train).
Monster Phonics categorises sounds into 10 areas and uses the Monsters as a categorisation. Each monster has a different colour. That colour represents that way of spelling the sound.
Why does it improve learning?
Children learn through the assignment of colour and the linkage of the sound, as well as seeing the colour, creating more ways of remembering the spelling.
Year 2 – Book 2
Year 1 – Book 1A and Book 1B
In addition, Monster Phonics Apps are useful home learning support and can be downloaded here from the iTunes store https://bit.ly/2NOTJ7m
- 1 Stage of Phonics Reading Scheme (10 books) to help your child progress confidently in reading through fun and engaging stories. Monster Phonic stories colour-code the key phonics and high-frequency words for your child to learn with confidence. You will be given an option to select your stage before checkout. Click here for further information regarding books and the stages.
- Grapheme Posters and the Sounds Card simplify learning phonics.
- Tricky and Decodable Word Cards help children quickly learn the high-frequency words taught in Reception.
- Spelling books provide the words lists for every spelling taught in Year 1 and 2. These are colour-coded to make learning easier.
- High-frequency word cards to accelerate learning to read and spell the most commonly used words.
Hermes Courier Delivery £4.00