Monster Phonics is committed to providing continuous, high-quality training, to all those leading or delivering phonics. Our training covers all aspects of phonics to ensure high quality teaching to all, and overall school fidelity to the programme.
On-going assessments of children’s progress enable the support of all children, including those who are at greatest risk of falling behind. All staff are supported through our training to navigate all of the Monster Phonics Programme, including our decodable books and our dedicated intervention programme of work, to help those in most need of help.
Training takes place via online or face to face sessions, depending on a schools need. Schools subscribe to our training for the duration of their membership, with the content available throughout, enabling teachers to access the content every day. All schools have access to a dedicated trainer, whose purpose is to ensure school fidelity to the programme, successful implementation to all relevant staff, and improvement in overall phonics knowledge and teaching.
Our training programme is mandatory as it is an essential element of an SSP programme and is key to ensuring schools effectively implement Monster Phonics with fidelity. This continuous professional development in the teaching of phonics and reading results in a high level of skill and expertise which supports pupil progress and school improvement.
Both the training packages offered include our online training series, consisting of 26 modules over 3 levels of training, as well as face to face training with one of our expert trainers. Training assessment ensures that teaching staff complete the training having secured extensive knowledge in all aspects of the teaching of phonics and reading.
Sample Video: Using Decodable Books
“The training programme is very comprehensive. It is broken down into manageable chunks and the videos of lessons in action are very helpful, particularly the guidance on decodable books and guided reading.”
Rachael Glenn, Phonics Lead, Kingsley Community School
“Toni, our allocated trainer is excellent. Her expertise and passion for phonics shine through. There was a buzz around the whole school after our welcome meeting. The training programme was clear, concise and easy to follow.”
Vicky Leah, Phonics Lead, St Oswald’s Primary School
We are continuously recruiting new trainers, to ensure we provide the correct ratio of trainers to schools. Each school builds a direct relationship with a dedicated trainer, who is on-hand to help with the successful implementation of our Programme.
If you would like to join our team on a full or part-time basis please contact us at email@example.com
Our Training Packages
Training Package 1 - £349 + VAT*
- Full access for all staff to our comprehensive online training programme for the duration of your membership.
- Your school is assigned a dedicated trainer, to support staff every step of the way. Typically a school has a minimum of 4 scheduled meetings throughout the year.
- Our training programme comprises of three levels.
- Level 1 for all staff, focuses on teaching phonics and explains the Monster Phonics system.
- Level 2, for all staff, focuses on how to teach using Monster Phonics and what this looks like in the classroom.
- Level 3 for the SLT helps further embed Monster Phonics in the school, self-evaluation and school improvement plan.
- At the end of levels 1 and 2, assessments are taken by all staff to check for any gaps in knowledge and follow-up meetings are arranged to help staff understand where to improve.
- This package also includes a Parent Webinar for helping parents support their children at home.
* For 1-year subscription only. For 3-year subscription, the Year 1 payment is £349, followed by two payments of £150 in Years 2 and 3.
Training Package 2 - £2499 + VAT
- All the benefits of package 1, with the following additions:
- 2-day training plus access to our online training programme every day throughout the year.
- The 2-day face to face training covers the content in package 1 as well as providing bespoke material created during a welcome meeting with SLT.
- Bespoke refresher training in your second and third year.